10 things you probably didn’t know about the desert. Here are 10 facts about the desert you should know:
- The largest desert in the world is the Antarctic Desert which covers an area of 13.8 square kilometers.
- The smallest desert in the world is the Carcross Desert. Located in Yukon, Canada, which is only 1 square mile.
- About 1,000 square miles of land in China is turned into a desert every year due to climate change and logging practices.
- The Antarctic Desert contains about 90% of the world’s fresh water. This water is found in the desert ice sheets.
- The first dinosaur eggs were found in the Gobi Desert in 1923.
- The Aralcum Desert is considered the most poisonous desert in the world. Due to the large amount of pesticides, fertilizers and chemicals from cities. of countries in Central Asia and Afghanistan
- Summer in the Arctic Desert The sun had not set for 60 days, but instead rose above the horizon. This is the reason why this place is called. ‘Land of the Midnight Sun’
- The world’s most intense marathon is held in the Sahara Desert every year, spanning 156km over 6 days, the marathon is also known as ‘The Toughest Footrace on Earth’.
- On February 18, 1979, it snowed in the Sahara Desert and lasted about 30 minutes. The snow took a few hours to melt. until now Scientists are still wondering why it snows in the area.
- Most of the desert animals are nocturnal and appear only at night. As a result, travelers crossing the dunes won’t encounter any animals during the day, with the exception of camels.
Amazing facts you need to know about the desert.
Deserts are areas with less annual rainfall. It is known for being dry, hot and far from inclement weather such as extreme heat and sandstorms. Living in the desert is not easy. Therefore it is difficult to thrive in their environment.
The beauty of the desert is often overshadowed by the popularity of beaches. Although the desert is a very dangerous place. But it’s also charming. Ruler Paw will change your mind on beach vacations by giving you these amazing information you need to know about the desert.