What is Obsessive-compulsive disorder? Many people have probably heard of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), a condition that is often repetitive and repetitive. Worried whether to turn off the water or not? You have to arrange your belongings properly. What exactly is this disease? Let’s see today.
How is it
Obsessive-compulsive disorder is caused by abnormal brain activity, which can occur in 2 cases:
- The Orbitofrontal, Cingulate Cortex, Caudate, and Thalamus are overactive or serotonin which is a substance that regulates emotions that do not work properly.
- It is a disease that is hereditary or from past experiences that may affect the mind.
Symptoms of the disease
Some people may have only compulsive or obsessive-compulsive symptoms. But more than 80% have both obsessive-compulsive.
- afraid of dirt Fear of getting infected by picking up things
- Don’t worry if your belongings aren’t perfectly organized.
- Concerned that he forgot to do things, such as forgetting to turn off the gas, forgetting to lock the door.
- clinging to one idea
- wash your hands too often
- Repeated check for tidiness
- Organize things at all times
- Collect and hoard a lot of things.
For obsessive-compulsive disorder, do it even if it’s not a serious health problem. But if it affects the way of life and social it may be necessary to treat. The treatment must consult a psychiatrist to assess the symptoms.